Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Preparing for the trip


It is 12:20 am and I have finally finished packing and invetorying my bags! I am so excited for this trip. There are 14 of us going - 5 from Denver, 1 from Michigan, 2 from Tulsa and 6 from Durango. The mission trip was organized by Global Hope (www.globalhope.org). We will spend 10 days at Hope for Orphans Rescue Center (HOREC) in a small town called Ruia, just outside of Nairobi. There are currently 28 kids ranging from age 3 to 16 at the orphanage. I am hoping to be able to keep this blog during our time in Kenya to keep family and friends in the loop on what we are doing on our trip. Thank you to all of you for your support and continued prayers! God bless!

3 comments:

  1. May God bless you all Joyce and thank you for your courage to follow God...give the kids a hug from me! Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you and the others in my prayers Joyce. Looking forward to reading an update while you are there. Going to HOREC in Jan. was a life changing experience for me and I am thrilled that many others can have the same experience. I think of those children daily. Show them God's love and give them lots of hugs from me too. :) Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, we are keeping you in our prayers! You are so kind hearted and loving!

    ReplyDelete