Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Children's Laughter Was Music to Our Ears


The playground set was completed today and the kids had their first chance to swing and climb on the rock wall. I was at the market when they finished so I missed this joyous event. But, to hear their laughter all afternoon long was music to our ears. The children were so happy. I noticed they were counting as they swung back and forth. Joe was telling us that they were bargaining for swing time with each other. It was quite commical. They counted in English instead of Kiswahili. In Kiswahili it would be moja, mbili, tatu, nne, tano, sita, saba, nane, tisa, kumi. I am having fun counting with Danny in Kiswahili.


I helped paint the boys new room today. Blue, very bright blue. I was covered. The older girls all wanted a chance to stand on the table and roll as well. Some got into it more than others. The girls entertained us all afternoon long as we painted, it was really great! They sang and laughed and told funny stories. The picture attached is of Sylvia and Beverlyne laughing as we painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment